Sick of politics? Sick of being told to vote? Sick of being told your Facebook/Twitter/actual-in-the-flesh friends have voted? Sick of complaints, or complaining, about all of the above? Want to dedicate some emotional energy where it matters? Then click over to this article, read it. Go ahead, I’ll wait. Seriously, click it!
1. Mourn the painful, cruel and prolonged death of an innocent daughter at the angry, ignorant hands of her own parents. Let your heart be broken by what breaks His, regardless of what you call Him or how you come to Him.
2. Mourn the loss of the other 940+ women killed last year in Pakistan for similar crimes. That’s about three a day.
3. Celebrate your right to vote, especially if you are a woman, celebrate the fact that if your candidate loses you won’t be hunted down for being on the wrong side, celebrate that we will have a peaceful transition to power, no matter who wins.
4. Determine that you will work to find a way to make this a better world for girls, for boys, for innocents, no matter what party you identify with. You will teach your children differently, you will teach them to love, to value others, to respect differences and fight for justice. You will look for opportunities to stand up for what is right, and give actual money that actually makes a difference.
5. Be deeply, deeply grateful for what you have. We have so much, and so much of the world has so little.
Don’t you dare be sick of it.