I believe a person should always deliver what they promise, and I promise that the title of this inaugural post not only reflects the contents of this post, but also the entire blog and indeed its author. So now you know. The pressure is off and we can get to know each other. Well, at least you can get to know me. I hope there IS a you, and that you will comment, and I’ll read it, maybe reply, and we’ll text, and maybe we’ll become friends, and then do lunch? Or you know, whatever, I’m still new at this.
Just to make sure no one gets lost and you’re in the right place, let me offer a few clarifications. This is not a travel blog (much as I wish it was), definitely not a crafting blog, or a political blog, certainly not a blog on My Achievements in Perfect Christian Parenting while Putting Up the Persimmons I Grew in the Yard. Oh, no.
While many blogs are quite topic-specific (Photography! Quilting! My Study of Rare Hats!), that would not be true to who I am, and I probably couldn’t pull it off if I wanted to. My interests are too broad and my attention span too short.
Anyhow, welcome! I hope you’re comfortable. I’m still fixing the place up, maybe some new colors, new fonts, I haven’t decided yet. But I’m really glad you’re here, and if you need anything just let me know. If you are the curious type, you may want to start with the About Me link. But you may like a bit more mystery in your blogging experience, in which case you may want to just stay right here.
Either way, I hope it’s fun. My goals are for this blog to be a forum for me to:
- Share my adventures and attempts in becoming the woman/parent/wife/critically thinking citizen/modern-post-modern Christian I think I’m supposed to be, while occasionally getting a good laugh out of it. ‘Cause if we can’t laugh about it, really, what is the point?
- Share observations and deeply held opinions on random current events, elements of popular culture, new movies, television shows and favorite snack foods.
- Occasionally indulge in bad grammar, poor use of apostrophe’s and overly long sentence structure. Cause life is short, too short, and I love me some overly long sentences.
- Highlight cool organizations and interesting people who I think make the world a better place.
- I hate lists that are even-numbered, unless there are 10 things in the list, and what kind of overly ambitious and arrogant new blogger would I be if I had 10 goals? Five is good.
Remember when you had final exams, and you’d been studying and studying, and you were so worked up about it and exhausted that the night before you’d thought it seemed like a great idea to get your pajamas on and study in bed, and then you woke up that morning and you just wanted it to all be over, for the love of Pete, just let it all be over?
Until just now, I’d kinda made myself feel that way about starting this blog. But this was fun! Thanks for stopping by, see you soon, I hope…..